thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3437, Pulsing SMC_PM_G2_EN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-3437, Pulsing SMC_PM_G2_EN

I'm working on a pesky 820-3437 that had light liquid damage near the SMC. Replaced the nasty resistors/caps (isolated to the 3v42 areas near top of SMC), and got green light, but no fan. Tracked backwards and found that SMC_PM_G2_EN is pulsing quickly at low voltage (flipping from low-voltage to OL on multimeter quickly). My SMC_ONOFF_L is present (3.4v) and steady, but since SMC_PM_G2_EN was pulsing, I replaced the SMC, but no change. Still pulsing. I replaced U7501 and Q7520 just to make sure it wasn't causing issues, and no change--still pulsing SMC_PM_G2_EN.

I also have fluctuating/pulsing readings for rails further down, but it all starts back at SMC_PM_G2_EN.

Not sure how to proceed; any ideas? Thanks!

PPBUS stable at 12.6?

Comment

Hey Duke, ppbus is stable at 8.6v, yes. No shorts on 3v42 or pbus.

Comment

Must be corrosion somewhere else too. Check all rails for shorts, also check the usual U1950 and around U6100 and clock chip.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X