820-2915-A boots with white screen

Fizzl92

Hello,
i have a 820-2915-A which starts up just fine but after the apple Logo finishes loading and i choose an account the screen stays just white. It had liquid damage and has a new keyboard. The board it shelf looks very clean. No evidence of water there. Same thing if i want so reinstall the OS. But Apple Logo and Boot device selection menu is displayed perfectly fine as long as i want (did not turn white after some time). Can this be related to C9560? i measured voltage and for a few seconds it is 1.5V as it should be but than it turns into 1,355V and stays there.
Thanks for any help!
Regards
Felix

dukefawks

Administrator
GPU failure. If the board and machine has been cleaned well enough you should take it to Apple for a free repair under the GPU warranty program.

Fizzl92

Thank you for this incredible fast reply :) Some probe points are slightly brown but i hope they won´t open it if i take it directly to the store. Thanks for the advice.

dukefawks

Administrator
Uhm, someone is going to open it and if it has obvious corrosion it will be rejected. Make sure it is as clean as possible. Maybe post a link to a good HiRes picture here so I can judge if this is going to be rejected.

jgraffis

I've taken LOTS of these boards in. just make sure the water indicators are white, and that there isn't any noticeable corrosion/damage or sticky keys and you should be alright.

Note: If you take too many of them in they will start to have a freak out lmao.