820-2530 battery issues

samiam

this board has been worked on by someone else before, U7000 looks newer and they put a resistor between c7041and c7040

magsafe green light comes on, but won't charge (no PPBUS_g3H) unless i hook up a charged battery, then will actually power on. but won't power on with battery only
all current sense resistors look ok

i get 20ish ohms resistance between pins 17/18 and 27/28 on U7000

adapter sense is 3.3V but looks like something keeps trying to pull it down to 3.15 when I check SMC_BC_ACOK on U6900 and U6901

is it the ISL or something else?

dukefawks

Administrator
Check if there is actually a 6258 on there on not a 6259. Resistor between C7040/41 is R7040 I guess? If that all is ok then replace U7000

samiam

R7040 is still there also
is a 6258AHRTZ

i assume the ISL rework and everything was working until a shitty charger did something to bring it to where it is now

could the ISL gotten fried and everything else be fine?

samiam

replaced the ISL and now it's running off of AC but still no battery, everything else looks fine any ideas?

samiam

maybe too much heat/time on ISL when I was putting it down? Do you think I should try another one?

pins 17/18 still giving 21.1k resistance

aprendiz

Dont need BGA machine, it is a small chip ..... Use your hot air station and preheater if you have, hot air station is enough if you don't have preheater, practice in donor boards first ....