Mac Mini 820-3059-A (2011) 3 Beeps

ALB-Repairs

Hey guys this ones got me stumped, Bit of history.

This was my personal machine before lending it to a co worker. It was ran for 6 months before GPU failure, i fitted a new GPU to it (AMD 216-0810005) and it ran well.
Maybe a couple of months later it started freezing and i thought - Oh great, the GPU is going to die again, bad/fake chip.ect

After i had a fiddle it stopped freezing, this was after removing ram from the top slot. I tried cleaning out the top slot but the more i messed with it the worse it got, Eventually the top slot was giving 3 beeps.

After this i threw in 1x8GB stick and carried on, again the mac was fine for a good amount of time, before i lent it to a co-worker. He went home one evening and the bottom slot is now giving 3 beeps aswell.

Ive checked the voltage for the Ram and 1V5 is present. This seems to be a degenerative issue based on the timeframe it took for both slots top give up.

Im scratching my head but having a guess that its something to do with the CPU because of its close proximity to the GPU on this model.

Anyone got any ideas, things to check/try?

Thanks.

theodore

I have a similar problem with a 2.7Ghz i7 820-3059-A Mac Mini, With no RAM in ether slot the system will do the ram beep, however when I put ram into ether slot the system does not chime, no video, fan spins and that it. Any idea what this might be?