r9788=12.5
r9782=12.5
r9789=12.2
pin 5 9707=.5
q9706 pin 4=12.5
q9707 pin 3=11.9
q9706 pin 3=12.17
PP3V_SO=3.2
I saw corrosion by pin 6 on 9707 and the pad near it relating to PPBUS_SW_LCDBKLT_PWR
R2055=0.3

my guess is that i replace 9707 based on corrosion. I just don't know how to read properly is what I am thinking.
if anyone can help me where i am going wrong-
thanks in advance

dukefawks

Administrator
That is as it should be. Do a PRAM reset. Are you sure SMC_LID is high? Are you leaving the battery indicator disconnected?

Modder1

tried pram reset now without battery indicator connected, no backlight
lcd connector area was also heavily corroded earlier. I have not tried a known working lcd
SMC_LID=3.442

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
Is the image still present after the PRAM reset?
Also I hope you are measuring pin 5 of Q9707 with an LCD plugged in, else there will be no voltage of course.

Modder1

fuck, i was not measuring with lcd plugged in-had no idea there would be no voltage.-will now measure with lcd plugged in and report back
yes there is still image present after pram

Modder1

even with different probes after measuring AAA battery properly it starts around 40 and just keeps climbing I'm sorry man I know you wanna strangle me and I would to if I were you.
I am getting this with everything except battery indicator plugged in if that helps at all

dukefawks

Administrator
40 what, Volts, milli volts? Please learn how to use a multimeter first.
Also check R0910 it is common to corrode open.

Modder1

pin 1 of r0910 is fucked, i cant get solder to stick to it. the pad is gone but i made spot in track for new pad. cant get it to hold to pin 1 though.

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
You measure resistance and not voltage when you check a resistor. Please go and learn some multimeter basics before we continue with this.