thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3332 Green light, Partial PP3V3_S5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-3332 Green light, Partial PP3V3_S5

Trying to diagnose a rush repair 820-3332 board that was liquid damaged near the top edges of the board. After UC I do have a green light on the charger but no fan spin (SMC Reset is recognized). I have many missing power rails but I do have PP3V3S5_EN on U7201 with a full 3.3v. On other areas of the board, PP3V3_S5 has less than 3.3v (1.7 to be exact) and the board heats up under right under U1000 with the charger plugged in. This leads me to believe there is a short or partial short on this power line but because of how large it is, im having a hard time narrowing down where to look. Suggestions? or am I completely wrong in my diagnosis of PP3v3_s5 being the problem.

First find out what component is heating up. I hope it is not the CPU

Comment

Comment

I would say a high side FET is shorted. Measure resistance to GND on PPBUS. This will probably turn out to be a dead CPU

Comment

Yeah its a straight 0.00 in diode mode. Thanks!

Comment

Probably shorted FET on CPU power supply. The shorted FET will also heat up.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X