thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-2850 Kernel Panic (go figure)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-2850 Kernel Panic (go figure)

I have an 820-2850 experiencing kernel panic,

As you have recommended online I replaced C9560 with Poly Cap, scaped pads to fit larger cap, everything went well, no excessive heat required, no other parts burned;

Since replacing, I cannot get board to turn on;

I have PPBUS_G3H, PP3V42 (and green light), and all S5 rails

L9560 to gnd presents 110ohms, I noticed in diode mode there is only 0.07 drop from L9560 to gnd which is pin 7 of Q9560. Schematic shows diode here so I expect to see .6 ish v drop.

Not sure is maybe I messed up q9560 but can see how it would prevent turn on if no short present.

I was careful to no allow mush heat near CPU, however its likely some flux/alcohol got under it, I applied a slight amount of heat so flow/dry anything under CPU but no where near enough to reflow the CPU.

Any Idea's?

BTW - Have been watching your utube vid's, great stuff, thanks

Bruce

Are you using a REAL 85W charger?

Comment

Yes. It worked fine prior to C9560 replacement.

Comment

Wow, just tried another Flapple 85w charger and low and behold...FAN SPIN...Thanks

Comment

So I am wondering, would I have seen Adapter Sence on One Wire if I had checked? I didnt think to try that since I had PP3V42

Comment

All voltages will be normal, it will just not power on. It should power on from a battery though.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X