thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-4924-a No PM_PCH_APWROK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-4924-a No PM_PCH_APWROK

i have 820-4924-a water damage has green light but doesn't turn on. I started measuring around and i'm missing PM_SLP_S4_L so i watched on one of louis videos with similar problem so when this signal took me to the PCH i checked for the voltage that powers the PSH -- PM_PCH_PWROK and that took me to U1950, and there i have voltage on pin 8 (PP3V42_G3H_CSPWRGD) and pin 2 (CPUVR_PGOOD_R) and the important signal im missing is pin 1 (ALL_SYS_PWRGD) so i tried to find where this signal comes from and that took me U8160 and that component doesn't exist on the board just empty pads. This shit is confusing. Any ideas ?

Basics first. PPBUS? 3v3 on L7560? Where was the liquid?

Comment

Comment

• zockysworkshop
        zockysworkshop commented
        Editing a comment
        All those rails are present

Comment

PP5V_S3 was missing and that took me to U7501 and from the Enable signals P5VS3_EN was missing the other 2 enable signals were present and the chip was getting power, so this took me to PM_SLP_S4_L
        and that signal was missing. That signal comes from the PCH and after based on Louis videos i was following the signal that powers the PCH

Comment

Water damage affected area was from U5870 all the way across the opposite side

Comment

Check if 5V_S3 is giving a pulse when connecting power. I hope you are using a REAL 85W charger..

Comment

I don't have any pulse it's 0 v. I always use original charger and yes its 85W

Comment

Voltages on both sides of R1300/1/2/3

Comment

All of them on pin one they have 3.3v and R1300 and R1303 pin 3 is 3.3 v, R1302 pin 2 is 3.01V and R1302 pin 2 is 3.29
                  Last edited by zockysworkshop; 12-12-2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

This is the area where the water was
                    Last edited by zockysworkshop; 12-12-2016, 04:19 PM.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X