820-2850 TB3T Sensor is faulty in ASD

arash

Hi guys, the machine doesn't recognize the battery and partially working with the charger connected - shut down sometimes. I cannot located the TB3T sensor on the schematics and brd file.
Can someone please direct me to its location? Thanks

dukefawks

Administrator
It's the battery sensor. Tried a known good battery? Disconnected battery indicator? After that it could be bad ISL or SMC, probably SMC.

arash

Tried with a good known battery, with/with out battery indicator connected shows the same error.
Also, PPBUS_G3H seems to me at fault --- PPBUS_G3H=9.9V with battery and charger connected. PPBUS_G3H=8.8V with only charger connected

dukefawks

Administrator
8.8V with just charger would at least indicate an issue with the 6259. Replace it and check the sense resistor circuits.

arash

U7000 was replaced. Current sense resistors circuits seem to be OK. The voltage remain the same as before - 8.8V and 9.9V. The problem persists

arash

I used 6259. Resistance between pins 17/18 and 27/28 of U7000 is the same - 20.7 ohm. Voltage on pin 2 is 16.5V

arash

My bad, the board number is 820-2530. Wrote 820-2850 by mistake.
I used 6258.
The resistance between pins 17/18 and 27/28 of U7000 is the same - 20.7 ohm. Voltage on pin 2 is 16.5V

arash

I've rechecked the surface for bad soldering and soldered the chip again, same results as before. Any other directions I should look into?