[SOLVED]Battery is not recognized 820-4942-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualLife

I have 820-4942-B Macbook Pro 13 inch that had liquid damage. The old battery was really bad and the liquid was near the battery connector so i orderd a new battery and replaced it but it did not fix the problem.

I replaced the ISL but it did not help at all. Of course i checked some measurement before replacing but I'm lost right now so i could use your help!

Here are some info:

ISL Pins

17/18 about 5 ohms
27/28 20.7 ohms.

Macsafe charger when plugged turns green and to orange. Sometimes the orange fades away but it does not turn off. MacBook turns off right away when macsafe is removed, so the battery does not keep the computer awake.

Also my charger is new original Apples MagSafe 2 60W charger so this is not fake Chinese charger. :)

arghhh

I think you have two separate issues here. First fix the system side current sensing because 5 ohms is a bit high, and that should hopefully fix the issue with the charger light turning off. Then post the voltage on PPBUS_G3H and on either side of R5380/1.

VirtualLife

I measured it now and its about 4.2 ohms. Is it still too high? I still measured the R5380 and R5381 Resistors.

Here are the results.

R5380 Pin 1 = 3.419V Pin 2 = Changes about in one second all the time from 3.417 to 3.355 and again and again
R5381 Pin 1 = 3.419V same as R5380 Pin 2.

VirtualLife

Can you duke explain how did you figure that my smc is dead. I want to know if someting in future comes to me so i will know it. Thanks!

VirtualLife

Seems like it recognized it and tells me how much prosent it has. 37 but it says thay the battery is poor, even its new. Im using coconutBattery.

here is info:

current charge: 2419mAh
Full charge capacity: 6670mAh

Design capacity: 101.7%
Cycle count 0
os x battery status: poor
charging with: 0 watts
power adapter connected
battery tempeture 24.5C
battery failure: No errors

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure PP3V42_G3H is present when battery is plugged in without charger.

Make sure you're not using a shit battery!

VirtualLife

Well can you suggest me from where i could buy a battery? I dont think that your getting any real shit from apple, only if you buy broken macbooks that comes with the original macbook.

VirtualLife

Well can you suggest me from where i could buy a battery? I dont think that your getting any real shit from apple, only if you buy broken macbooks that comes with the original macbook

dukefawks

Administrator
There is no 3V42 because the battery is probably not outputting any voltage. Is there voltage on PPBUS on battery only? If not the battery is just fucked. Just buy another one on Ebay and don't go for the cheapest this time. 90% of these batteries are fine, but of course it is all pulled crap from China.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
There's a resistor that feeds PP3V42_G3H's power IC PPBUS_G3H from the battery. Is that working? Do you have input voltage of 12.5v to PP3V42_G3H's power IC with the battery present? I have no schematics on the laptop I'm on or I'd give you exact numbers. I go over that issue here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u14u1q_GjRg

VirtualLife

Thanks louis! I will check it and post here what found out. It will take time becouse im right now going to a trip but i will post the infromatiom right away when i'm working. :)

VirtualLife

So i checked those dukefawks and larossmann .

R7005 = 1.295 Volts
D7005 PIN 1 = 0.025 Volts
D7005 PIN 3 = 1.225 Volts

And i checked the resistors value and it was same as in Schematics. What should i look next?

This is new battery and the results are the same as before, even after replacing SMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.