thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820 3115B Green light sometimes, ON/OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Im still waiting for the preballed smc that I bought, but I´ve been reflowing the smc because this board was with liquid damage around the smc. but not directly, now what I have is a green light for 12 seconds then turns off then 12 seconds later goes on...and keep doing it. Does the smc do that? Could be something related with the clock signal?

I´ve checked that in PP1V8_S0 I got nothing but I have green light for few seconds. No fan spinning. Pads shorted nothing happens
    Last edited by JorgePayar; 04-24-2016, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Ok so now I have the smc I already change the smc for a new one, reballed, and the board do the same. Goes on....and then off again green light.
      What I have seen is that when I plug the charger with the battery at the same time it doesn´t appears the green light only 3 seconds instead of 8 seconds with only the charger.
      I suspect must be something related with the q7055 the pin 4 with battery is steady 4.50V while when I plug the charger in is 12.50V the same pin in q7055
      Do i have to replace it?
      Last edited by JorgePayar; 05-13-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Steady and present

pp3v42_g3h
        ppbus_g3h
        chgr_acin u7000 4v

fluctuating
        pp5v_s5
        PIN 16 U7200 12,5V

So strange

not present
        pp5v_s3
        pp5v_s0
        pp3v_s0
        pp1v8_s0
        Last edited by JorgePayar; 05-13-2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

You first need a steady green light. Use known good magsafe board, check SMC_RESET and SMC_BC_ACOK

Comment

Hi, I´ve checked SMC_RESET on u5010 pin 5 on diode mode and it is fluctuating like crazy but the other pins in u5010 are not doing crazy things. Do I have to replace it?

SMC_RESET_L: 2-3.40V then 0V....something fluctuating
            SMC_BC_ACOK: 3.29V (U6901)

Comment

Any help please?

Comment

Try different charger and DC IN board.

Comment

• JorgePayar
                  JorgePayar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Done, and still remains the same problem.

SMC_RESET_L should be 3v or more constantly. have you replaced U5010 already?

Comment

Originally posted by larossmann View Post
                  SMC_RESET_L should be 3v or more constantly. have you replaced U5010 already?
                  I have replaced the U5010 no luck still the same problem. Now it is steady on SMC_RESET 3.39V
                  When I plug the battery + charger, green light only is 3 seconds on, only charger= 7 seconds on.
                  Could be because of q7085?
                  I´ve seen that q7055 is fluctuating in pin 4 (chgr_bgate) from 12.52V to 5.01V is that normal?

Comment

2 days and...no answer to my questions...I think the board is gonna repair by itself LOL

Comment

this is confusing.

let's start over.

a) what is the resistance over C7050
                      b) what is the resistance over c7020

the only thing that is going to cause the light to flicker on and off is either bad current sensing circuit, or the fact that you are using a knockoff charger. knockoff chargers turn green light on even when the light SHOULDN'T be on to begin with. so are you using an original or some knockoff charger?

Comment

some thing shoring around u7000, thats making green light on and off, not the smc issue... the key is around u7000.... ignore green light .........change all Q..

Comment

Well, i had steady green light before but when I checked pp3v42_g3h was 3,47 a little bit high, then I check with 3V on the power supply pp3v3_s0 that it was missing, nothing got burned, then I had steady green light but ppbus_g3h was 4.5V
                          So now my board is dead no green light no ppbus_g3h and pp3v42_g3h 3,47V
                          i had to change probably the u7000 isnt it?

Comment

Where did you inject 3V?

Sa matao paco jajaja

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X