[SOLVED]820-3023 -Sensor TS0P Skin 0 failed ASD test. Need to know what component that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooke.j

[SOLVED]820-3023 -Sensor TS0P Skin 0 failed ASD test. Need to know what component that is?

So ASD guide says that the TS0P is on the MLB and is a temp sensor. The ASD test says proximity though. So of the thermal/proximity sensors I have to to choose from on page 47 of the Schematics, how do I know which one to look for?

brooke.j

After watching Louis' video on this same subject I guess I should use the OS ASD. Ok I'll come back with that info.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

brooke.j

Still the same: Temperature (Ts0P) Skin 0 Proximity ERROR --1 (Unable to Read Sensor) Just a little confused about what component that actually is. Thanks for any help. Not too many sensors I'm seeing. I'll just start testing them while I wait. :(

brooke.j

Ok I see from this forum (which I should have looked at better) that this sensor is the trackpad. Now that the track pad is connected it passes. So any help with why it boots slow only with the HD? Works fine off the USB ASD. Both OS and EFI. I've also checked the HD and it boots fine on another working Macbook pro.

brooke.j

OH MAN I GET THE N00B AWARD OF THE MONTH!! I had no idea that you had to have the battery plugged in AND the trackpad for this stupid Air to work properly. I must have fixed this thing 10 times already and just thought I had it all wrong!! Why oh why oh why did I not know that. I kinda got the hint from you dukefawks but I guess I needed it in brail or something. The great part is that I actually fixed two boards by replacing components and doing some detective work. Bad side is what should have only taken an hour took 14 hours instead. I feel accomplished and stupid all at the same time. I learned that I really need to search this forum more before trying stuff out. Why reinvent the wheel right? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.