MB Air A1466 - No backlight after liquid exposure

TexpertLLC

MB Air A1466 - No backlight after liquid exposure. What do we need to test, and/or replace? Thanks as always. Picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0

TexpertLLC

So I have two of these MB Air that have corrosion in about the same place. Should I just send these in to you or do you guys think this is something I can learn to do from here?

aprendiz

did you read the sticky??? Have you measured anything??? you are giving up when you are not even started!!......

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
So I have two of these MB Air that have corrosion in about the same place. Should I just send these in to you or do you guys think this is something I can learn to do from here?

I think you have to start identifying as "I am a component level board technician" before we go anywhere.Ultrasonic the board. Look. Analyze. What looks broken? Is what looks broken near where there was corrosion before? What can I do to fix it? You have to have a natural curiosity towards life here to get something done!

That being said, read sticky on backlight, look at video on feedback wire. I'm not fixing this; you are!

TexpertLLC

LOL. Thanks guys. I guess the sticky is a post on here. also i just found some tutorial slides i didnt realize we included with my schematics. Nope, I have thousands invested now, so no way I am giving up. I apologize for being so behind the curve here, but I will get this and then pass your guys help on to other newbs to forum hopefully. I will keep you guys posted and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you guys and I hope to show that by becoming self reliant asap.

G.Beard

Backlight has relatively few parts to it. You could just replace everything and test after every few parts. Start with LCD cnnector, and work back. Check feedback trace!. Forget learning right now and think monkey work. If you monkey it enough and probe shit, on occasion you will have eureka moments and shit will start to click into place in your head.
Sticky is at the top of the board repair forum