thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

2013 13" MacBook Air Fans running full speed. ASD Errors 820-3437-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 13" MacBook Air Fans running full speed. ASD Errors 820-3437-B

Machine turns on and chimes and will boot to desktop. Charges, etc... just fine.

This machine has the fans running full speed.

I've run ASD and I get these sensor errors:

TA0P -- Input Air Flow (ERROR - Sensor is reading below the limit)
    TC0P -- CPU Proximity (ERROR - Sensor is reading below the limit)
    THCP -- Charger Proximity (ERROR - Sensor is reading below the limit)
    TS2P -- S2 Camera Proximity (ERROR - Sensor is reading below the limit)

This board did have minor liquid damage.

Is there a certain area of the board I should be focusing my efforts on?

Thank You!

I was looking around the schematic and found that U5800 has to do with the "CPU Proximity, Inlet ,DDR and BMON THR Sensor"
    I do have 3.3v at PIN 1 (VDD), however I am not sure what other readings I should show, or what exactly would signify a fault or a bad reading...

Comment

Problem with data bus SMBUS_SMC_1_S0. Disconnect camera first and see if errors are gone. Check camera connector for corrosion. Measure diode mode on both data lines.

Comment

Had tried disconnecting camera last night. Still had errors remain. I will check SMBUS_SMC_1_S0 this evening.

Comment

Like I said without camera plugged in, still errors.

Checked for 3v at R5360/R5361 and its 3.3v and diode mode on pin2 of both is: 0.542/0.538
          Both resistors measure about 1.98k

Comment

Then it could be bad U5800/corrosion in camera connector/corrosion under SMC. Check GND on pin 6 of U5800 first though.

Comment

What would PIN6 indicate? I do have 0V at pin 6. So that is correct, right, 0ohm resistor to ground. What does it show at PIN6 when it is not correct? So I will swap out U5800, as i see no corrosion/liquid damage by the SMC, I'll report back I guess

Comment

I did have liquid come in contact with U5800, so here is hoping!!

Comment

the u5800 IC is still soldered/welded to the board. I'm guessing that is a definite sign that it is part of the issue. I'm afraid to put too much heat on the chip, as it sits opposite of the CPU. Any recommendations? Heat the hell out of it to get it off and then cross fingers it didn't kill the CPU??

Comment

It needs to come off so whatever. Board is trash like this anyway.

Comment

Replaced the U5800. Still giving exact same errors... any ideas? Didn't screw up CPU. Still boots, chimes, everything. Just loud fans after a few moments.

Comment

Is the ALS working? Test by shining a light into the camera and see if keyboard backlight goes off/on.

Comment

ALS not responding to light shining at camera. Backlit stays fully lit.

Comment

Data bus issue then. Anything connected to SMBUS_SMC_1_S0_SDA can cause this. Usual suspects would be corrosion under SMC/camera connector/U5620. But any component on these lines can cause an issue.

Comment

DING DING DING!!! U5620 was the issue. Didn't have to remove it. Heated with flux and scrubbed and then cleaned with alcohol and "ESD" safe haha q-tips and no more loud fan and passes all ASD.

Thanks again for your help and wisdom! Makes me wonder why U5800 was so SOLDERED onto the board!?!?

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X