thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3115 no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-3115 no power

I have no light on the charger, i tested the f6905 and im getting .3-.5 volts on pin 1 and im getting .1-.4 volts on pin 2. i would expect to see 12.6-18v on pin 1 but i'm not even getting that. what would be causing this? i don't want to replace the fuse if its something else. (The Charger is working).

Thanks
    Nate

Tried a different DC-in?

Replacing the fuse won't work since pin 1 is already way too low, although you could try to remove it and see if pin 1 reaches its proper voltage which could mean something else on the board is pulling it down

Comment

its not the dc-in. im using my testing computer. dc in is working for all other boards im working with. and right, thats why i was not going to replace it because we need voltage before i can deem that a problem. never seen such low volts before on pin 1 of the fuse.

Comment

Check for short on PPDCIN_G3H / PPBUS_G3H? I wish I could help you much further but I'm the worst at figuring out shorts haha

Comment

Test for short on DCIN and PPBUS. Q7080/85 are also suspect. If you have a fake charger test it with that, it will not shut down like an original.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X