820-3115 no power

nate8organic

I have no light on the charger, i tested the f6905 and im getting .3-.5 volts on pin 1 and im getting .1-.4 volts on pin 2. i would expect to see 12.6-18v on pin 1 but i'm not even getting that. what would be causing this? i don't want to replace the fuse if its something else. (The Charger is working).

Thanks
Nate

smiba

Tried a different DC-in?

Replacing the fuse won't work since pin 1 is already way too low, although you could try to remove it and see if pin 1 reaches its proper voltage which could mean something else on the board is pulling it down

nate8organic

its not the dc-in. im using my testing computer. dc in is working for all other boards im working with. and right, thats why i was not going to replace it because we need voltage before i can deem that a problem. never seen such low volts before on pin 1 of the fuse.

smiba

Check for short on PPDCIN_G3H / PPBUS_G3H? I wish I could help you much further but I'm the worst at figuring out shorts haha

dukefawks

Administrator
Test for short on DCIN and PPBUS. Q7080/85 are also suspect. If you have a fake charger test it with that, it will not shut down like an original.