2012 11" i7 board 1 beep 820-3208-B

wrbailey

I have a 2012 11" MacBook Air board that is giving the fan spin, no chime, 1 beep every 5 seconds goodness.

What would you recommend I check or do? Is that a matter of the machine not seeing the ram? Or a bad ram module?

It had some liquid contact, but not a lot and I do not believe any seemed to be close to the ram modules...

wrbailey

So many other machines, this was on the bottom of the pile. I will take it out and inspect every inch of the board again. i'll report back...

wrbailey

So all seems to check out on SMBUS @ r5200/01.

I did find some very red, weak, traces by U7300. Fixed them and still have the issue... Could U7300 cause this issue? It does have to do with the ram it seems...

wrbailey

pp1v5_s3 is measuring at 1.34V, is that close enough to 1.5v? Or do you think that could be part of the issue?

dukefawks

Administrator
1.35V is for DDRL RAM which is OK. I have no ideas about this one, too many possibilities. Corrosion somewhere, start fluxing and reflowing stuff and pray.

wrbailey

Well, I might as well have some fun fluxing and reflowing! Like you said on another board of mine, "It is no good like it is!" so I can't do much worse to it. If anything I'll have a spare board for parts LOL