thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

2012 11" i7 board 1 beep 820-3208-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrbailey
    replied
    Well, I might as well have some fun fluxing and reflowing! Like you said on another board of mine, "It is no good like it is!" so I can't do much worse to it. If anything I'll have a spare board for parts LOL

Leave a comment:

• wrbailey
    replied
    Wish I had (could afford) a Crest cleaner from Louis, would probably fix it for me.

Leave a comment:

• dukefawks
    replied
    1.35V is for DDRL RAM which is OK. I have no ideas about this one, too many possibilities. Corrosion somewhere, start fluxing and reflowing stuff and pray.

Leave a comment:

• wrbailey
    replied
    for the diode measurements on R5200/5201 I was getting 0.4xx on both lines. BTW

Leave a comment:

• wrbailey
    replied
    pp1v5_s3 is measuring at 1.34V, is that close enough to 1.5v? Or do you think that could be part of the issue?

Leave a comment:

• wrbailey
    replied
    So all seems to check out on SMBUS @ r5200/01.

I did find some very red, weak, traces by U7300. Fixed them and still have the issue... Could U7300 cause this issue? It does have to do with the ram it seems...

Leave a comment:

• dukefawks
    replied
    Diode check the SMBUS on R5200/01. Check all devices connected to it for corrosion.

Leave a comment:

• wrbailey
    replied
    So many other machines, this was on the bottom of the pile. I will take it out and inspect every inch of the board again. i'll report back...

Leave a comment:

• dukefawks
    replied
    Corrosion under somewhere. Could be anything, SMC/CPU/RAM

Leave a comment:

• wrbailey
    started a topic 2012 11" i7 board 1 beep 820-3208-B

2012 11" i7 board 1 beep 820-3208-B

I have a 2012 11" MacBook Air board that is giving the fan spin, no chime, 1 beep every 5 seconds goodness.

What would you recommend I check or do? Is that a matter of the machine not seeing the ram? Or a bad ram module?

It had some liquid contact, but not a lot and I do not believe any seemed to be close to the ram modules...

thread bottom ad

Collapse
Working...
X