[SOLVED]Trackpad sensor 820-3115

Status
Not open for further replies.

raainxx

Hi,
i have a problem with this board 820-3115, i think it's a problem with sensor trackpad.
I have fan go to full speed, like i remove the trackpad but it's connect on the board.
I have on pin 22 the 3V3 but not the 18V5 is it normal? what do you want to help me please?
it's my first post, thanks for your help.
best regards

raainxx

Add more information, the trackpad work (i change it too but not solve problem) but it's very slow (all the computer become slow).

raainxx

Ok thanks to you, i download the ASD3S155, i come back to you with the result
When i measure the 18v5 the trackpad is connect but i have 0v.

raainxx

i have the answer (error Temperature (TS0P) -- Palm Rest (test #1) - Sensor reads...... unable to read sensor -- TEST FAILED.
what can i try?
thanks

raainxx

I already try with a new one same problem after some minutes fan full speed.
I try without webcam in few minutes.
thanks

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Run ASD again, with the other trackpad. Did you change trackpad cable too?
If still reports same error, check traces and contacts at J5800.
BTW, I wonder how can you move the cursor without 18V?
However this shouldn't make machine to work slow.
I recently worked one 3115 with shorted U5805 (in-out) and got 5v instead of 18.5V.
The click was working, cursor not moving, but OSX wasn't slow...

raainxx

Ok i have remove the camera cable, after the ASD pass without any error, why? is it normal?
No trace liquid on the board, contact is good. Sorry but i have the 18V5, i make a mistake. Do you think the problem come by webcam?
thanks

aprendiz

First post "18V5 missing", 11 post later, "Sorry but i have the 18V5, i make a mistake"........

Camera and trackpad share SMBUS_SMC_2_S3_SCL and SMBUS_SMC_2_S3_SDA for communication with SMC, you have a bad camera cable, you can replace the cable or cut both lines on ths cable but will lose Ambient Light sensor feature...

raainxx

ok aprendiz i'm sorry but i'm a beginner on this kind of repair, i'm here to find help because i don't know how all board work, you are certainly very good in your work but not me.
I'm sorry for the mistake and with your help i find a problem with the camera cable, i change it and the mac work. thanks for your help all persons who help me

Status
Not open for further replies.