thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3662 - Fans spin high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-3662 - Fans spin high

I have a 820-3662 that suffered liquid damage. The unit was badly liquid damaged in the eDP connector area, audio and thunderbolt. I removed the damaged components and soldered a new connector. The unit powers on a works fine except the fans always spin at max RPM but only after the OS is booted. (I tried known good OS as well) Ran ASD OS and the unit passes all test. I can't figure out what is causing the fans to ramp up. Any ideas ?

Run EFI ASD and check hardware profile. It will list all sensors and their values.

Comment

Thanks Louis,
      I think this might be it.

IHSC
      type : current
      low-limit: 0.0A
      high-limit: 0.05A
      Description: Debug TBT T29 Current
      Reading: 0.804A
      Noise-Tolerance: 1.0

The thing is I worked on that area for a while, meticulously replacing components but I only got one of the ports to work. Guess I have to find the culprit and get the other port to work to fix the fan issue.

Comment

Current sensor usually does not cause fan issues but lets fix it anyway. It reads way too high so probably corroded trace from pin 4/5 of U5640 to R5640.

Run EFI version of ASD and check sensors.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X