iMac A1418 (EMC 2889) 820-00430-A efi password

G.Beard

You could easier search $SVS and replace the password string with 0xFF and then flash back to the chip. No need to clean the ME that way ...Or change the serial number.

dinumtv

this imac came to me without flash w25q64fviq (is missing). i found something on dr-bios.com, but i dot't have w25q64fviq, i have w25q64fv and mx25l6406e. could that be the problem? because now it's starting, but no image or starting sound. thank you!

dukefawks

Administrator
You need ROM with a clean ME. Best way is to try and get back the original chip or you have a VERY big problem now.....

dukefawks

Administrator
Yeah that is the million dollar question. Better luck to find the original ROM I think!

Also this thing is still in warranty. Ask the owner where it came from cause I already know.....

dinumtv

I understand, but where can i find an original ROM, as long as it's impossible to find the original chip to read it?

dukefawks

Administrator
This is a current model machine. I don't have a ROM and I don't expect to see any of these machines any time soon. If you cannot find a ROM through google I guess this is the end. Find the original chip, someone ripped it off.