a2014 a1398 820-3787 always "thinks" there is headphoen jack plugged in

roy.ruan

I have a 2014 model a1398 got liquid spilled, video distortion , spilled a bit every where. cleaned ,replaced screen top
all runs good except the sound.

the internal speakers don't work, initially, the volume was grey color, then plug in a headphone, and unplug, the speakers work for few seconds then same thing again.

the audio circuit was spilled, so I replace the entire BGA audio chip from another donor board, but still same thing now. no internal speakers.

device sound output shows"headphone" even nothing is plugged in , and yes it works with the headphone plugged in.

i just want a simple quick fix to solve this. is there resistors i can just remove, so to disable the "function of the jack" so the internal speaker can work?(even without the headphone function,it should be fine with customers) of course if anything that can fix it completely, that would be better.

I do doubt if it's the jack itself, it looks completely fine, anydi don't want to heat that up to mess the whole jack and replace, since the sound IC i just reballed is so close to it, took quite some time to reball and install

dukefawks

Administrator
That seems ok. I can only think of a broken line in the tracks to pin 1 and 2. Remove L6608 and measure on both sides of the removed coil.

roy.ruan

anything we can bypass this? I don't need the headphone jack to work, anything to remove and totally disable it so the speaker can be back?

roy.ruan

sorry man we didn't mean to not answering your questions,just wondered if there was a quick fix

removed l6608
pin 1 1482
pin 2 516

dukefawks

Administrator
That seems ok too. Put back and measure voltage on L6608 with and without something plugged in. No need to boot it up, can just measure on the bare board when it is on. There is no quick fix for this.....

roy.ruan

Help please, invested 250+ to replace the screen top already. can't afford not getting this one done
appreciate any advice

roy.ruan

yes, that's the measurement i got. nothing plugged in and it's 0V. i thought can be flux on l6608 maybe, so i double checked and check on pin2 of the jack itself as well,same stuffs. 0v

dukefawks

Administrator
Just checked a working board and it is 0V with nothing in and 0.1 with plug connected. Not really very convincing measurement.

I also verified the diode measurements with L6608 removed. One side is 750ish and the other is 1750. Seems in the same ball park as your measurement as they kinda vary between meters.

I really have no ideas right now. Can you make a good high-res picture of the area? Check traces to C6222 they are common to corrode too.