[SOLVED]820-2914, green light ok, fans spin for 5secs, PPBUS_G3H 3.6 to 13.5V and loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

george-a

[SOLVED]820-2914, green light ok, fans spin for 5secs, PPBUS_G3H 3.6 to 13.5V and loop.

Hi guys,

As per title, this one boot loops every few secs. Fans stay on for 4-5secs and loop. The PPBUS_G3H jumps from 3.4 to 13.6V when the fans are on.

All voltages except PPVCORE_S0_AXG rise when the fans spin and turn off again (LCD is disconnected though).

I have no history on this except the fact that someone else replaced U7000 which I also replaced just to be sure. I did measure some funky resistors around it but replaced all of them with proper values.

Clock crystals seem in order and U2800 seems alive (any pointers how to properly measure this one?)

Any clues?

br,
george

george-a

glad you take me back to the basics cause we sometimes take them for granted. Although I measured the resistors separately and even changed one, I did not measure the whole thing. One line was cut from R7051 (0 ohm) to R7050. I moved R7051 to the single pad just off its original place (to avoid any weird path resistance of some MOhms) and run a wire from its other end to the F7040-1. It worked.

cheers dude - virtual beer(s) from me - unless you find yourself to Thessaloniki.

Status
Not open for further replies.