thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

Is this more of a software thing? MacBook Pro sn c02hng7jdv13

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this more of a software thing? MacBook Pro sn c02hng7jdv13

She is from 2011, I have been told when switching it on it gives a padlock symbol on screen, but I haven't managed to see that yet. All I have seen from it is when switching on you get the apple symbol, then a loading bar, then a progress wheel. The loading bar goes about half way then it goes off screen, progress wheel stays there with apple symbol then the thing switches off, the screen it gives is attached to this post. When switching on again, it does the same thing.
    Trying to load an internet restore from switching on then command and r gives the padlock symbol on screen and it wants a password. I don't know the password, but the owner has tried their own password and it does not move on. I am told they bought it from Groupon so my thinking is, the computer was refurbished and used to belong to someone else so it wants the original password it maybe first had when it was brand new.
    I am thinking getting round this by changing the password if possible and in older macs I have got round the password problem by changing the amount of ram which allows you passed the password problem that then lets you restore the computer or reset the password. I did that on a MacBook Pro of my own some years ago, but it from a 17 inch version from about 2006/2007. Has anyone seen this issue before or know a way round it.
    A different hard drive has also been tried which didn't change anything.
    Thanks for reading

Picture attached
    Attached Files

Comment

Pull BIOS chip and read it. Post dump file to be unlocked.

Comment

OK what do I read the chip with?

Comment

TL866, EZP2010, or any other programmer that supports SPI devices.

Comment

Cool thanks, where about is the chip on the board?

Comment

U6100 near the PCH.

Comment

Thanks, any updates I will post up

Comment

I've had good success with just replacing that chip from donor boards of the same board number.

Comment

Yeah!! And what about ME region???

Comment

• jgraffis
                      jgraffis commented
                      Editing a comment
                      haven't had an issue yet with them.

NO, ignore that advice! YOU CANNOT SWAP ROMS BETWEEN BOARDS ON iCORE! All sorts of weird issues will happen.

Comment

Sorry if i was wrong.

Comment

I guess now you'll never do it again It's fine on C2D machines but on iCore it will fuck up the ME region.

Comment

good to know. i havent tried on any retina boards and wont be.

Comment

Hi,
                            So I have .bin file read from the bios chip. What needs to be done now?

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X