[SOLVED]820-2936 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcfriends

hello masters I have a 820-2936 that needs a u5400 , I have 2 donorboards but booth don't have it any more , my question is :can I use U5410 instead? because that one is present on my donors. what do you think?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
INA213 in an SC70 package is an INA213 in an SC70 package regardless of what it is used for.

pcfriends

ok masters I did replace the part I did replace some water damage components now machine turn on fan spins I hear the chime but... there is no display I do the lamp test and Im unable to see the question mark folder , what should be my first steps to troubleshoot this problem?

pcfriends

fuck man now im very confuse , machine have a bootable cd of iakos those ones that install mac on pc , and booths from it !!! but without it I have no light on the screen or question mark folder !

pcfriends

I did the pram reset and is still the same , I test for voltage on R5071 and pin 1 SMC_LID is 0V , pin 2 is 3.4v , wao Louis is right you have psiquic powers. what next? I suppose to have .50v or 3.4v on pin 1 right?

pcfriends

clean the area and take readings again and now I have 3.4v on booth sides of R5071 still no display or light on the screen when trying to booth

dukefawks

Administrator
I still think this is SMC_LID issue. Leave the BIL disconnected and try again. Boot from something that has OSX on it, not some PC crap.
At the moment you do get LCD/BKL after it boots to some PC crap?

pcfriends

hello Master Duke thank you for your help , well here is the thing machine not boot all the time on the pc crap booteable disk , is just do it randomly some times, I just see the display and light working like on 3 attemps out of 10 , over all it shows no display or light, if I try a hard drive with OS X already I get nothing , just black screen and no display microscope lamp on the back of the apple on each try.

I have a question on :
PPVOUT_SW_LCDBKLT whats the voltage that should be present with no lcd plug on the board?

also C9020 and C9796 look pretty bad they still show continuity with the lcd conector booth of them , but look bad , I was thinking first that since machine show light and display with the crap pc booteable disk leave that alone but now im thinking that maybe I should replace them whats your opinion on that?

another anomaly : I clean some corrosion on L9080 , I don't know what voltage should be present in there , I never did a machine with no display with a present chime , I barely look for the first time ever to J9000 on the schematic today , so I have a lot of questions.

The next voltages should be present without lcd plug to the machine? or they need the lcd to be plug to test ?:

PP3V3_LCDVDD_SW

PP3V3_S0 (this one should be there if the fan is spinning right?)

LVDS_DDC_CLK

LVDS_DDC_DATA

LVDS_IG_A_CLK_N

LVDS_IG_A_CLK_P

and also they all should be present?

and what I did so far and that didn't fix the machine was replace U5400 also paths to
R5400 now have wires because corrosion destroy the old paths , I replace also Q5300 and trace wires to R5301 and R5303 from Q5300 because bad paths, r5301 was replace too.

I ultrasonic the board

And I almost forget , pins on the lcd conector on the board of
PPVOUT_SW_LCDBKLT look like burn but paths to capacitors there are still good.

That's all the info I have.

Another Question SMC_LID what that controls? and what should be my next step to find out if the issue is related to that?

Leave the BIL disconnected and try again what BIL stands for?

pcfriends

Ok im going to update my findings , I when and check Q9706 and on pins 3 and 4 I have 12.6v , what this mean that voltage divider is not working? for LCDBKLT_EN_DIV what voltage I suppose to have? R9788 and r9789 match schematic and c9782 has no continuity on its pins , PPBUS_SW_LCDBKLT_PWR have no power.

pcfriends

Well I think I just start to destroy and sodomize the board , I remove Q9706 and run a wire from pin 4 to PPBUS_SW_LCDBKLT_PWR to check if that will give me the backlight back , but when I power the machine I see light coming from the lcd for less that 1 second all gets white and then go back to be all dark and light don't come back and does the same each time I power on.

dukefawks

Administrator
The LCD is not recognized! Doing some stupid shit is NOT going to magically fix this.
PP3V3_S0, DDC_CLK and DDC_DATA are involved in this. Seeing that you said there was corrosion on the LCD connector it is probably fucked.

If diode mode on all these 3 signals show something the it is probably the connector/cable

pcfriends

PP3V3_S0 = .353
LVDS_DDC_CLK = .589
LVDS_DDC_DATA = .633

I did read with cable connected

without cable:

LVDS_DDC_DATA = .678
LVDS_DDC_CLK = .678
PP3V3_S0 = .353

I will try to do less stupid things :p I will solder back Q9706 nad remove the wire.

dukefawks

Administrator
That seems ok, but you never know with 3V_S0. If there is corrosion on the connector at any point I would replace it. Have you also tried another LCD assembly? Are you sure SMC_LID is high?

dukefawks

Administrator
Take a LCD cable and measure if pin 4 6 and 7 actually come out the other side of the cable. Connector could be bad inside.

pcfriends

thank you duke tomorrow I will try it ,i was trying to guess what was going to be your answer , I was betting you was going to said to replace the connector , but I miss , I never imagine that I could test the connector like that , now I can check like that anytime im not sure about it on any board , awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.