[SOLVED]820-3024 - no audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan.L

board was liquid damaged. there was some corrosion by the usb area.i cleaned up. now the board boot up but no audio coming from it. external usb mouse and hard drive are working.
system report showing Intel High Definition Audio but audio id is zero. so device couldn't be found?

i dont have another i/o magsafe board to test. but the original board looked really clean.

Alan.L

hi duke, i've tried 2 more IO board/cables and still no audio. connector on the logic board is good.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
U6210 area looks good?
Check if any pin of LIO connector is moving; not sufficient to look with microscope sometime.

Alan.L

LIO connector is in mint condition, nothing is moving.

u6210 was corroded. i did put a new one there before i made this thread. but not sure if i did a job. that thing is so tiny, making difficult to reball. any way i can check if replacement chip is working?

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
It will work without U6210. All that is needed to make the left speaker work is on the IO board. AUD_GPIO_3 should not be shorted and be high of course.
Your audio device is not even recognized so check all HDA lines at J4700

Alan.L

no voltage on AUD_GPIO_3 and not shorted....do i even measure voltage?

on u7770:
Pin4 - PP3V3_S0 = I get 3.3v
Pin6 - PP1V8_S0 = i get 1.8V
Pin3 - P1V5S0_EN = i get 1.9V
pin1 - PP1V5_S0 = i get 0v

j4700
3.29v on Pin22 of PP3V3_S0
0v on pin34,36 of PP1V5_S0

Last edited:

Alan.L

sound is back :). i think i made a mistake initially , was soldered the wrong orientation. i've replaced with another one anyway.

thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.