[SOLVED] 820 2530 time goes incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modder1

I have a water damaged one here that works fine except for selecting an item by trackpad and the fact that after some time the clock goes incorrect and then internet stops working until the clock is corrected.
any advice for this one?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean you are unable to click? What do you measure on pin 3 of Q5701 for BUTTON_DISABLE? What does coconut battery say for stats on the battery?

Modder1

yes I mean I am unable to click. 0V on pin 3 Q5701 coconut says battery status is good, customer came in with no battery, he was using it like that. I offered him this used one for cheap and he said he'd take it.load cycles 138 age 1620 days I also think Duke correct in saying that the trackpad it bad.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
I mean this in the nicest way possible but in a board repair forum I assume if trackpad has an issue that you tried a new trackpad. If trackpad on 8 year old antique is not clicking, FFS, try new trackpad!

Modder1

Thing is I did not try a new trackpad because customer did not care about that as they use a mouse normally. I did not know that this would affect the time and date.

Modder1

can the date and time stay correct with no trackpad connected? also the trackpad will work if I just set it to tap to click, so it just wont do regular click, will that be enough to keep the date and time?

Last edited:

Alan.L

you have two problems. forget the trackpad problem. put that aside.

no, trackpad doesnt affect date/time.

when does date/time goes incorrect? after shutdown without magsafe connected? can it be your battery?

Modder1

coconut battery said the battery is ok.
it goes incorrect time after some time just on and playing youtube. Customer had been using it without battery for some time. He said that the date and time was an issue then, prior to liquid damage.
the board was actually clean, I think he flipped it upside down in time to only affect the t/p and backlight for keys on keyboard.

Modder1

time zone is set correctly, i have even made it to not set automatically but while on playing youtube video after some time it will change the date and time and lose internet connectivity

Alan.L

try another wifi card, its behind the screen clutch cover. or try disconnect the wifi cable to see what happen.

dukefawks

Administrator
It loses internet cause date/time is wrong and SSL verification then fails of course. I bet normal HTTP will still work.

Alan.L

i forgot these thing has a ethernet port. disable wifi and use ethernet for internet to check date/time

Modder1

just wanted to let everyone know that time and date was fixed with new os install
thanks for the help everyone!
much love

Status
Not open for further replies.