thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

2011 MacBook Pro with GPU related error in VST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 MacBook Pro with GPU related error in VST

Now that Apple is no longer replaceing any of the 2011 boards that exhibit GPU problems what is the procedure to repair these? I have heard in the past that the GPU is not nessicarly the underlying factor to the reason these boards fail ( cause the system to crash or not boot) and report bad in Apple VST tests. I assume that the solution to this problem is something similar to the 2012 Retina model where a chip needs to be replaced or re-set in some way. Can anybody confirm this and possibly direct me to the chip in question that is causing these known issues?

No it is the GPU. Replace it and don't be an idiot like me and livestream yourself using the wrong GPU!

Comment

• theodore
      theodore commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

It is the GPU.....

Comment

Originally posted by larossmann View Post
      No it is the GPU. Replace it and don't be an idiot like me and livestream yourself using the wrong GPU!
      I think its funny that you call yourself an idiot when you are clearly one of the smartest people here

Comment

Is it also the GPU if i measure PP1V5_GPU_REG at 1.35V instead of 1.5, or do i need to look at something else?

Comment

It is the GPU......heat it and it will work again. Then put a new one on there. 1.35V is fine, it is switchable between 1.35 or 1.5.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X