thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

A1502 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A1502 2014

It is possible to replace only the keyboard in A1502 2014? Or need to replace something more?

Yes it is possible...

Comment

go to ebay
      type the model number folled by what you want
      A1502 keyboard
      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Apple-Mac...cAAOSw8w1YBXD7
      if you see hundreds of results its possible if you see none then its probably impossible or rather difficult
      a good example is macbook air lcd, finding the entire display assembly is easy, finding the lcd only is a bit harder

Comment

Rip the old one out, whack out the remaining rivets with a screw driver/hammer and mount the new keyboard with screws salvaged from an A1278/1286 keyboard. You also need to lift the middle battery cell and remove the trackpad cover.

Comment

oh yeah i forgot to mention you have to use force to pull the old one out, an unreasonable amount of force

Comment

my receptionist uses an xcelite 175m to remove each rivet. it's a pain in the ass, but totally doable. Practice on a top case that is too fucked up to reuse. If you don't get the rivet out on the first go, it's stuck in there forever, and you have 1 less screwhole to use.

Comment

What about keyboard A1342? I have to replace now.
              It is possible to replace too?

Comment

Fuck A1342, garbage.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X