Reflow/resolder resistors and capacitors air gun temp

Allstartek

I realize that this is a completely basic question, but I haven't found it referenced in any videos or here...

What air gun temperature is used to flux and reflow a group of capacitors or resistors?

Alan.L

I use max 480c + default 56 airflow with my crappy aoyue 852a on all macbook boards. Temp might not be 100% accurate on these cheapo station. Then again every stations are different, so you just need to practice what works for you.

peterfixit

I have a hakko FR-810B, it cost me $1000 AUD. I use maximum temp and airflow of 4 for normal use 2-3 for iphone and 9 for when stuff is pissing ma off, changing the temp requires holding a button for 5 seconds changing each number one at a time, nah fuck that, maximum temp, low enough air flow to not shoot things off the board, vary the actual power by adjusting distance angle and time

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
When I set my WHA900 to 537c I get 489c. When I set my JBC JT-A to 450c I get 518c. Point being, this is impossible to answer. Find what works for you by practicing on dead boards. Every board is different too, different boards absorb/dissipate different amounts of heat at different speeds.