820-3115-b board dont boot white led

turbo

820-3115-b board, had slight water damage, all cleaned good now , now its turns on ...does not boot, white led keep on ,

cpu vcore good,

any idea , where to look

pls chk picture

Attachments

• photo1009.jpg
    photo1009.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0

Alan.L

remove the BIL to see if still turns on. any image on screen, shine light to screen?
also SMC_LID value?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
No drop at VCORE, board is not functional; no need to check USB mouse.
Check around SPI chip, for corroded resistors, traces.
Don't forget R7403...

turbo

usb mouse=no light ,

cpu vcore 1.12v,

aux cpu vcore....=0......

both ton register good, R7403 etc

SMMRepair

Just for testing, swap the BIOS/SPI ROM chip from another 3115 onto this board. If it chimes, you have either bad BIOS or dead/faulty chip.

If you DO get a chime/boot, then load up a new BIOS with the original/correct serial number, MLB and a clean ME region. PRAM on 1st start.

If you DON'T get a chime/boot, then you can eliminate BIOS/SPI ROM chip as the cause, and replace the original chip back on the board.

ALB-Repairs

Try ram slots one by one, Reseat Ram.ect

You have high v-core. It can be:
Ram not so good
SPI ROM
And often can be caused by a bad SMC.

turbo

Just for testing, swap the BIOS/SPI ROM chip from another 3115 onto this board. If it chimes, you have either bad BIOS or dead/faulty chip.

If you DO get a chime/boot, then load up a new BIOS with the original/correct serial number, MLB and a clean ME region. PRAM on 1st start.

If you DON'T get a chime/boot, then you can eliminate BIOS/SPI ROM chip as the cause, and replace the original chip back on the board.

did that , no boot/chime

turbo

No Title

here im posting some original water damage pic . b4 cleaning ....... pls chk the pic and let , know, i took out and thunderbolt chip and those is, those are good, also i put it back,

fan spinning high speed no, boot... which region i should chk first...spi chnged still the same, ......

cpu vcore good, 1.12v....

aux vcore 0v

Attachments

• photo987.jpg
    photo987.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • photo988.jpg
    photo988.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
  • photo990.jpg
    photo990.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1