Macbook 15 2011 with 0005

MDY

I replaced GPU on this motherboard. It is 2011 with 216-0810005. I put new 0005 gpu.
It works ok. Any problems I can see, everything is ok, but when it power on and just before get to the desktop appears color bar for 1 seg and the load desktop and all works just perfect. For me this MBP is ok, but customer just called me and told me will send it back to me. It is possible to solve this problem?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
They must be using a new version of OSX and there is nothing you can do about it. Tell them to send it to Apple to code better drivers, not to you. This has nothing to do with GPU function. They will say "it didn't do that before", but it didn't even work before.

MDY

You mean with old version this will not happend? I want just to give some explication to the customer. Thanks

MDY

In my case it happend each time I reboot the machine. Not only the first time. With older OS X it happend too?

george-a

it does happen every time but it does not affect the operation of the GPU, as long as the new chip is attached properly. The bar is slightly diagonal and comprised of many colored lines. Ignore it and tell your customer to ignore it, too. It also happens after a reball in my experience.