[SOLVED]820-3435-B sensor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilipC

Got this heavy liquid damaged mac air. Have solved power issues but this sensor problem has got me.
Run ASD EFI and these sensors fail ThunderBolt Proximity, S2 Camera Proximity, AirPort Proximity, Memory Proximity and Trackpad Skin.

Keyboard and trackpad work in ASD but not in OS. Any ideas? Already checked u5800 and u5810 everything looks ok in those areas

jgraffis

This sounds like a fun one. i would check to see if they all share a power rail that is screwed up. then check in asd efi the hardware profiler for the incorrect readings and report them here. could be that because of the amount of water damage multiple sensors have different issues.

SMMRepair

Check U5810. Even if it looks nice, replace. Make sure continuity is good in that area as well. If that doesn't resolve (it should), then SMC would be next to check.

PhilipC

Can't seem to find the sensors on the MLB and I dont have the schematic for the io board maybe theyre on there? would have thought memory proximity would be there though.

All read -124 in hardware profile.

PhilipC

Thanks will have to order this chip since i dont have a donor for it yet. in the meantime i'll check everything else in the area.

SMMRepair

With board oriented with I/O ports to the right, U5810 is the larger 8-legged IC to the top-right (1:00) of the SMC. If the liquid damage was anywhere near that IC, I'd replace it. It has a ton of sensor data (including the ones you mentioned) running through to/from the SMC.

jgraffis

-124 is a problem of not seeing the sensor, which is usually and sm bus data line issue. check for corrosion around web cam connector, trackpad connector, etc. you may need to check for continuity on these lines as well.

dukefawks

Administrator
The trackpad not working in OS is a tell tale sign of something wrong in the trackpad connector. Check connector for corrosion, replace trackpad/cable.

PhilipC

Checked under battery and sure enough corrosion on the connector to the MLB, cleaned it off it now works in OS but sensors all still read -124

Tried unplugging trackpad from MLB now all sensors expect trackpad obviously read normal. It's safe to say that trackpad was cause of all this?

PhilipC

Tried unplugging trackpad from MLB now all sensors expect trackpad obviously read normal. It's safe to say that trackpad was cause of all this?

Don't have known good trackpad to test, should have some on the weekend

dukefawks

Administrator
Usually the cable is fucked, but TP could also be bad. 13" and 11" TP will both work for testing. Cable is first suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.