820-3437 Rabbit hole

XooP

First off, completely dead board (another thread).
Got the board starting but fan spins constantly with no light on USB mouse.
No CPU VCORE and PP1V05_S0 at 0.2V.
Found a short on U7400 and replaced it. Now i have PP1V05_S0 But still no CPU VCORE

Found that All_Sys_PWRGD was missing so I replaced U1950 and I have now got 3,8V there.

Still no CPU VCORE, Pin 20 and 22 on U7200 gives me nothing.

Should I just replace U7200 or look elsewhere?

Last edited:

XooP

An update, the missing CPU VCORE seems to be my fault, poor U6100 soldering, have now got 1V on pin 20 and 22 on U7200 and I have got CPU VCORE.
Fan still spins constantly and no light on USB mouse.

XooP

My god, now all_sys_pwrgd is missing again. It seems like I jumped to a conclusion a little to fast. It seems like CPU VCORE and ALL_SYS_PWRGD comes and goes.
Anyone got any ideas?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
ALL_SYS_PWRGD is going to come from PP1V5_S0 PP3V3_S0 PP5V_S0 working. If they are all present then look carefully for corrosion in the Q8150 area. This board and the measurements you're giving sound like a ping pong ball you're holding down in water with one finger though so I don't have high hopes here.

XooP

No it is not power cycling, when I do get CPU VCORE and ALL_SYS_PWRGD they stay high but I get no boot, only fan spin. I have replaced U1950 and tried with another U6100. All resistors look good but maybe a bad capacitor or something. I'll check Q8150.

XooP

I have already put back the original U6100 since it didn't make any difference, I guess I'll try an SMC reflow first and then replace or re-ball.