[SOLVED]A1466 Macbook Air, 820-3437 Only Turns On After SMC Reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupal

Hi,

I have a A1466 with a 820-3437 MLB. When i reset the SMC the machine powers on & then after that it will power on every time as normal (By pressing power button on keyboard) with or without Charger. But when i let it sit for some time (1/2 Hour or so sometimes more/less) it will eventually not turn on again until i do an SMC reset, & then after it will turn on as normal again until i let it sit for some time.

All power rails seem to be present whether it is in a state where it won't turn on without SMC reset or when it will turn on as normal.

The board has no water damage of any kind & has never had any previous work done on it before.

Any advice to point me in the right direction is much appreciated.

Last edited:

rupal

Hi & thanks for the reply.
I ran ASD several times over & everything "passed"

I only ran "Memory" test once which passed, as it takes forever

Last edited:

rupal

Hey louis. I just checked the trackpad cable & on the trackpad side, the contacts on the cable look pretty damaged...
Will replace that & report back !
Thank You !

aprendiz

Could also be a bad trackpad, remove trackpad flex and battery, plug in the charger and see if it power on everytime you try....

rupal

FIXED !
I gave the trackpad flex connectors on the Logic Board end & the trackpad end, a good clean with some IPA & after extensive testing, it powers on consistently without having to reset SMC...
Thank you aprendiz & Louis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.