thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3115 Power rails shorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-3115 Power rails shorted

Is there a reference of good diode mode values for the common things like PPBUS_G3H and PP3V42_G3H for the different boards? I don't have a working spare, only donors.

I am dealing with this board and finding shorts. Both of these rails were shorted to ground, both around 32 on diode mode. I already removed U7000 and U7200 (not sure why I removed U7200 as doesn't seem relevant now) when working on this before. I gave up due to lack of confidence but feel my skills have improved a bit since last looking at it. They are still off the board.

I looked around the board for any obvious issues but didn't see anything so I injected 3.42v and found that U6400 (after a while because of foam covering) got hot. I have removed this and diode mode got me to 32 on PP3V42_G3H.

I then removed the caps and resistors associated to this circuit and have got to 160 on PP3V42_G3H.

The short on PPBUS_G3H also improved and this is now 110 diode mode.

Are these values correct with the chips I have removed? Shall I just put U7000 and U7200 back on the board now and test again?

Thanks

Put stuff back and see if there is any power.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X