Imac 20 - Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDY

A customer asks me to find him several Imac 20 2008 or 2009 and install Windows 7 on them. It is possible that? They are 100% compatible with Windows 7?

MDY

No, without bootcamp. He need imac but Windows from windows programs. It is possible to install Windows directly?

G.Beard

No, without bootcamp. He need imac but Windows from windows programs. It is possible to install Windows directly?

There is a whole bunch of guides if you Google it but the customer request is curiously odd. Personally I would just say sorry it's not something that I would do.

Sykulski

I've also got a bunch of customers who wants to run windows on their macs. I usually just use boot camp and keep the OSX partition relatively small and set it to boot from windows as the standard start disk. Then I always got the Mac OS available for trouble shooting when they have issues. They loose about 30GB hard drive capacity but that's the trade-off.

The 20-inch 2008-2009 iMacs only support 32 bit Windows 7.

MDY

I read a lot of titorials and I did it with 2 Imac 2009 and Windows was installed ok, but on iMAC 2010 i3 I cannot do it.
Error I have is; Boot device not found. It is possible that on 2010 i3 there are something more I should do?

Status
Not open for further replies.