820-3536-a Liquid damage . No display, Very distorted display over hdmi

This computer had external contact with liquid on the thunderbolt jacks.
no visible contact on top or bottom of board, nothing looks crusty.
The computer does boot up, and chimes, does boot to os and has very distorted display, similar to what you would see with bad ram/cpu/graphics card.

Is there a chance this is not a bad cpu?
Im not really sure where to start measuring on this one.

Backlight does come on, and there is 5v on L8300.
and just brushed my hand across heatsink while measuring l83300 and the cpu is extremely hot to the touch.

the connector has been cleaned, no image on the internal lcd, and same distortion without any internal display connected. i have not plugged in any known good displays as the only known good retina display i have is my own daily driver macbook.

dukefawks

Administrator
5V on L8300 with LCD connected? SMC_LID high? Is there an image without backlight? Hold flashlight to Apple logo to check.

5v on l8300 both sides with lcd connected. smc_lid 3.4v, backlight works, but no image. (apple logo lights up, and you can see lcd enable but is black not full white, or any other display.

dukefawks

Administrator
The newer machines power on with a dark screen not grey like the older ones. Wait 30 seconds for the question mark to appear.

the computer fully boots, i do get display on the external display while the lcd is connected, backlight is on through the process no question mark, no login screen just black with distorted display through hdmi. so im guessing possibly bad lcd along with some other onboard issues.