Serail number EFI

G.Beard

Hi.

I'm repairing boards for a computer repair store. To make turn around fast we have a bunch of working board to swap out for the non working boards. I get the fucked ones, fix them and it goes back in the working pile.
What I want to do is have a bunch of BIOS chips ready to go with clean ME and blanked SN so the store can use the BBS to enter the customers original SN. Clean ME I can do, $SVS I can do if needed.

Question is:
What to search for to find the SN and can it just be filled with 0xFF?

Ahh fuck.. Excuse the title I can't type

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
No idea, find an Apple board that never had a serial set and compare. When there is no serial set there will be systemserial# in the location that normally holds the serial #. A clean ME you will never find on any board and needs to be done on your own.
Can I give you the advise to not do board swaps, you'll get too much garbage once they figure it out. Too many other issue may also arise, non working USB, fucked up memory slots, etc. Also don't accept board only repairs, too many problems too.

G.Beard

No idea, find an Apple board that never had a serial set and compare. When there is no serial set there will be systemserial# in the location that normally holds the serial #. A clean ME you will never find on any board and needs to be done on your own.
Can I give you the advise to not do board swaps, you'll get too much garbage once they figure it out. Too many other issue may also arise, non working USB, fucked up memory slots, etc. Also don't accept board only repairs, too many problems too.

I can clean the ME region myself.
As for the SN I will buy a couple of BIOS chips from eBay and see if they have blank SN.

Your advise is appreciated and taken. Still going to play with the BIOS chips now just to see though.