Are the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 MacBook Air LCD panels the same?

dukefawks

Administrator
No, iSight cables are different for 2013+. Buying a bare LCD has not been economical for years now. LP133WP1 is $200+, complete assembles can be found for $250.

XooP

I'm just talking about the panels, not the entire assembly, glad to hear their the same :)

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
assetgenie in Pennsylvania still sells the LP133WP1-TJAA for $100-$120. I bought most of my stock when it was still $72 from PSI. I have at least 160 left, an excellent investment thus far! Full assembly means there's no profit left. We charge $325 to fix the screen... I could make either $75 or $200. I'd rather make the $200!

duke is correct that each year has a different length wifi cable/different isight cable.

XooP

Ok, is it then possible to swap the isight/wifi cable to fit if using a different assembly. The Bezel is fairly easy to take off.

ytesfay80

larossmann The part number is the same as the one you use so is there any way to tell whether it's a quality screen other than just trial and error. How do you go about getting high quality screens?

dukefawks

Administrator
It's Alibaba, if you ask for the current price they will tell you $200+. You may get pulled panels, you never know what those Chinese will sell you. At this time 13" Air assemblies are just not feasible for repair because of a lack of good LCDs.

turbo

could you pls give us contact for assetgenie in Pennsylvania , so i can buy some.... i need like 2-3 of them ... or would you sale from ur stock ?

XooP

One more question here, I have a cracked but functional 13" 2011 monitor, can I use this when testing display output across all models or do I need to change the LVDS cable between +-2013 boards?