How to Deal with 820-2915 Video Repair Now When New Chipsets Are Out of Stock?

roy.ruan

the 216-0809000 and 216-0810005 are out of stock in the market for the new ones...
I ordered from couple places got some 216-0810005 with engraved model on the bottom lines...some work ,some did not

all in all, only the 1617 date code one (printed model on the bottom line) will work , all other date code I tried are BS.
for 216-0809000, some other date code with engraved model numbers will still work, but I can tell 100% those are not new since I had this last piece of 216-0809000, (real new one ) and compared...
the PCB just doesn't look the same color, the fake ones are a bit darker..

so now just run into dilemma, and questions for you guys.

DO YOU GUYS STILL TAKE THE BOARDS IN OF THIS PROBLEM? if yes how do you guys deal with this?

I start having boards of this model stacking up and customers trying to rush every day. I know reflow or those RB chipsets can hold on for a while, but when they return, basically need to do the works again for free.
but just no way to find the new chipsets now. any thoughts?

dukefawks

Administrator
I'm piling them up hoping for chips to come, what else can you do? 9000 chips are quite easy to find although I noticed that SEE has jacked up the prices so those must almost be gone too. So yeah pretty hopeless at the moment.

Nick

if only we could fucking buy from AMD.... i mean, there must be thousands and thousands and thousands of people out there wishing for these chips... why not just sell them directly, even for an over inflated price, but at least we know they are brand new and we will never see that customer back in for the same god damn problem after a month (yes i got fucked by the fake ones as well)

roy.ruan

I actually placed order from see-ic on ebay just two days ago, just got the order cancelled, even willing to pay a bit more now, still no chance to get the chipsets lol.
they sold out already.

roy.ruan

yea it's crazy how they don't sell out all these parts. thinking they must have a deal with APPLE or something not allowing the chipsets in the retail market officially