820-4924 not turning on but hot ram after ultrasonic

Fizzl92

Hello,
on this 820-4924 (waterdamage) replacing some stuff (especially around the SMC) i get a green light for a second and than only a orange light in the charger even there is no battery connected. Before i cleaned it the cpu was getting warm (with orange light ; i did not recognize warm ram) and now after i cleaned it in a ultrasonic just the ram is getting warm. Not the cpu any longer. i think it is only U2600 getting hot. The other 3 chips are warm too but not as warm as U2600. Also PPbus_G3H is only 1,6V and shorted (0,002V to GND on F7140). If i inject 1V in PPBUS_g3H U2600 is also getting warm a bit and its drawing aroung 1A from my supply. I have no idea what to check now.
Thanks for any help!

Fizzl92

OK, thank you very much. Sorry for the dumb question. Have you any idea how this could happen? Because i´m pretty sure it was working (or at least had a warm cpu not hot ram) after i finished soldering / before the cleaner. I thought maybe a component fell of the board or something...

dukefawks

Administrator
Could be anything. Most likely is a trace/resistor that was hanging on by a thread got destroyed in the U/S. This may have caused the RAM power supply to go high frying the RAM/CPU.