thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

Replace GPU 9051

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace GPU 9051

Need to replace this GPU 9051. I found DC: 1612 and 1630. Somebody tried these datacode? Are they good?
    Last edited by MDY; 04-25-2017, 12:13 PM.

This shit is also hopeless. I got some 1516 date codes, but I'm pretty sure they are sanded polished garbage. E-best on Ebay has date code 1001 ones, picture looks good but could still be fakes.

Comment

I put 11+ last year and now it is back. It works only 7 months.

Comment

1612 and 1630 are pretty certainly fakes. Best bet would be the ones E-best is selling now. Make sure to confirm the 1001 date code. Last time they send me 0842 or something and they were remarked and did of course not work. Hopeless.....

Comment

I just put 1612 and it works, but who knows how many time...

Comment

Of course it does, they are polished up reballed shit ones. I do not believe a chip that was obsolete in 2011 was made new in 2016, lots of wishful thinking...

Comment

What do you mean? There are no new chips like 2001 and 751-a2? They are 2008-2009

Comment

Do they make 20 year old cars totday?
                No! Why? they sell So little you cant have that factor space used up for that.
                Same with these old chips

Comment

the whole gpu replacement seems like a waste of time and money

Comment

Some chips were made new, most were not. 0752001 is a MASSIVE market for. Chips are mostly made for OEM repair, not for stuff we do.
                    0729051 was only used in a few machines, so why bother making them. Setting up a production line for these again costs 100s of thousands $$.

Comment

Imac uses only non common chips. Do you think there are any new chips for iMAC?

Comment

Mostly not, that is why it is so hopeless fixing GPU issues on them.

Comment

What about 2025 DC1512. This is one you wrote here that they are new. This is the only one we know?
                          Never had so many problems replacing GPUs as now with these iMAC. One of them had to replace the GPU 3 times and each time works 1 month. I dont know if there are sense to do that.

Comment

I have the 1512 2025 chips too. I'm actually not 100% sure if these are really new. They may be very good fakes

Comment

I can confirm the 1630 9051 chips are all fake bullshit. Im going to try the 1010 ones when they arrive.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X