820-3115-b faint green light

DannyRinc

Sup everyone, I have said board with a faint light, was not liquid damaged or anything. Getting ~1.75v PPBUS_G3H. Tested Q7035 & Q7030, got ~1v going to pin 4 of Q7030 but 0v going to pin 4 Q7035. Replaced U7000 and still no PPBUS_G3H (any higher). Resistance between U7000 pins 28 & 27 is ~20ohms, pins 17 & 18 ~2.2ohms.

CHGR_CSI_P and CHGR_CSI_N are getting ~16.5v (should be enough right?)

I'm thinking it's a fried SMC? The SMC looks to have two little bulges on the surface of it, is that indicative of damage?

DannyRinc

Sorry since my last post ive been just working on the board, I didnt meant to leave such a short reply. There was a short on U6990 which would drop voltage from pp18v5 to like 10v, replaced and voltage was steady pre-u6990 but 0v on pp3v42. Went ahead and replaced the SMC because fuck it why not right? And I got pp3v42 now. But I'm still not getting any g3h, and now u7000 isn't sending voltage to Q7030.

Last edited:

DannyRinc

I honestly figured the SMC was at least bad because it had bubbled on the surface, not just replacing to replace. Also I'm not sure how to check for a short on pp3v42 after u6990 since all I've ever seen is "put a psu through it and see what heats up"

aprendiz

Still no green light???? Check the soldering job..... voltage on ACIN?? Have you tried another magsafe??

Last edited:

DannyRinc

I've tried another magsafe, I've got 4v at ac-in. Solder is good on the ISL, I'm thinking maybe I gotta redo the SMC if there's a short on acok? I hope that's not what it is but I guess it's a possibility.

EDIT: Tested for a short to ground, nope! All good here.

Last edited: