[SOLVED]820-3332-A Screen stuck on boot apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilipC

Machine arrived no greenlight so I tookout the mlb and when i plugged it in it worked. So I put it back in the machine and sure enough it worked fine.
Except for not detecting a battery, I couldnt see any corrosion on the board despite this being milk damaged. So I decided to ultrasonic it.

Now the machine boots but gets stuck on apple loading screen, but if i press capslock it lights up and if i press other keys it makes that beep noise.

So seems like the machine is booting but display is getting stuck on the apple boot logo?

Resoldered u8900 no change in results.

dukefawks

Administrator
Ugh these symptoms always suck. Only thing to do is look where the corrosion was and find the corroded trace/resistor. Maybe crap under a chip too.

dukefawks

Administrator
Video area/MUXes/GPU power. I have a board with similar issues here, been here for over a year. Still not scrapped it as I have hope that one day......
Does it boot EFI ASD version?

dr. moast

Can I join the party? I have a board here since more than two months, resoldered and replaced U8900, replaced GPU but nothing. It is always stuck on the Apple logo. Replaced and reflashed BIOS, still nothing.

No liquid damage or repair history.

dukefawks

Administrator
Had one with this issue today. Was only a dead SMC to start, but idiots came before me and fucked with the GPU. Redid the GPU and VRAM and now it boots up fine again. Quite a pain in the ass to do the VRAM on these I must warn with tight clearance to parts and glue.

PhilipC

VRAM reflow did the trick, someone replaced the screw mount for the GPU heatsink and directly on the otherside was VRAM so i guess since it still had the glue round it it messed up the balls.

After removing glue and a reflow all is well. Thanks dukefawks

Status
Not open for further replies.