[SOLVED]A1398 820-3662 No image after screen repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Tone

I was changing the screen and think something with the screen was wrong. I witnessed L8300 turn bright red and blow. I changed it and watched it blow again. I did this about 3 times (it was pretty cool).
I have tried multiple know good screens (brand new) and don't get any image.

Looks like the only voltage I get is 1.5V on pin 12.
I get 5V on pins 2&3 on U8300 but that is it.

Tony Tone

When I put in a different LCD I get voltages. I have 3 new (still in packaging) LCD's never used. Can't believe all 3 of them are bad.

dukefawks

Administrator
Don't use comments I don't see them.

If there is 5V on both sides and there is an image it must work. I doubt it will cause video garbage, but anything is possible.

Tony Tone

OK. I changed L8300. Out of the several screens that I was testing with, the one that had a distorted image is actually good when I used the good L8300.
You can close this mystery out ! A bad L8300 can cause a distorted image. I thought L8300 was good because it had continuity. L8300 is an inductor? Like a coil?

I didn't know that you couldn't see comments, that is weird. I will post them below.
Comments:
FL8300-FL8303 have continuity. L8300 good. Caps C8320 & look good and present.
So it can have continuity and still be bad?
Would a bad L8300 cause a distorted image on the screen?
Or would it not allow the screen to be "seen?"
Thank you Duke

Tony Tone

So I am trying to order some more of these from Digikey. But I can't figure out the values of what is needed. The schematics say its an inductor L, ferr makes me believe its a ferrite bead? But the 220-OHM is confusing.

dukefawks

Administrator
Looks like it to me. Why all the effort to get this when you should just get a pile of donor boards, or just put a wire in place.

jadao

This is absolutely not needed for board repair, but let's make it more confusing:)

Equivalent circuit of ferrite inductor is a resistor and a coil in series. R in series with L.
The symbol used in the industry is L wether it s a coil, a filter, a ferrite bead, inductor...
220 ohm mentioned in schematic for L8300 is not a resistor value it is an impedance value.
Impedance is a complex number that contains two parts: the resistance (R in ohms) is the real part and the reactance (X in ohms, X=2PifL) is the imaginary part.

Usually industry uses only impedance and dc current range for ferrite.

G.Beard

This is absolutely not needed for board repair, but let's make it more confusing:)

Equivalent circuit of ferrite inductor is a resistor and a coil in series. R in series with L.
The symbol used in the industry is L wether it s a coil, a filter, a ferrite bead, inductor...
220 ohm mentioned in schematic for L8300 is not a resistor value it is an impedance value.
Impedance is a complex number that contains two parts: the resistance (R in ohms) is the real part and the reactance (X in ohms, X=2PifL) is the imaginary part.

Usually industry uses only impedance and dc current range for ferrite.

Basically it's not a DC resistance and you can't throw a resistor in it's place.

Donor boards here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...tina-15-A1398-repair/1596219_32611298760.html

Status
Not open for further replies.