thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-2523 Kernel Panic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-2523 Kernel Panic?

Hello
    this 820-2523-B boots up normally until it nearly finishes loading. Then it shows the attaches picture, shuts off, turns automatically back on and repeats this process. If i want to install OSX with an usb drive it works until i go to the "disk utility window" where i normally can create partitions or wipe the drive. In this window, before i can see any drive information, it keeps spinning the "colored wheel" - with different drives ans drive cables same thing. The strange thing is that it will boot up normally with a drive from another Macbook with OSX already installed. I´m really not sure what to do with this one but my guess is Kernel Panic and C9560 but i´m confused because it works just fine with the other drive. Or could it be a to new version of OSX for this machine on the original drive? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files

Bad RAM? Make sure only to use PC8500 RAM. Also issues with 8GB in these boards.

Comment

I tryed different ram but its doing the same thing with 2x1GB PC8500 too. Also it sometimes displays the "Your computer restarts because of a problem...." message that i attached after shutting off and back on.
      Attached Files

Comment

Tried one slot at a time? Could be 1 bad slot. Besides bad RAM/slot there is not much to do about this antique. Disconnect everything not needed, especially airport cable can cause issue.

Comment

Ok, thank you. I tryed both slots and nothing else plugged in. No success. Any idea why it starts with one drive from another Macbook?

Comment

No idea, run ASD and see if anything comes up.

Comment

OK, Thank you. I´ll see what ASD says here and if there are no issues i´ll leave this board alone.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X