820-2523 Kernel Panic?

Fizzl92

Hello
this 820-2523-B boots up normally until it nearly finishes loading. Then it shows the attaches picture, shuts off, turns automatically back on and repeats this process. If i want to install OSX with an usb drive it works until i go to the "disk utility window" where i normally can create partitions or wipe the drive. In this window, before i can see any drive information, it keeps spinning the "colored wheel" - with different drives ans drive cables same thing. The strange thing is that it will boot up normally with a drive from another Macbook with OSX already installed. I´m really not sure what to do with this one but my guess is Kernel Panic and C9560 but i´m confused because it works just fine with the other drive. Or could it be a to new version of OSX for this machine on the original drive? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_3467.JPG
    IMG_3467.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 0

Fizzl92

I tryed different ram but its doing the same thing with 2x1GB PC8500 too. Also it sometimes displays the "Your computer restarts because of a problem...." message that i attached after shutting off and back on.

Attachments

• IMG_3482.JPG
    IMG_3482.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 0

dukefawks

Administrator
Tried one slot at a time? Could be 1 bad slot. Besides bad RAM/slot there is not much to do about this antique. Disconnect everything not needed, especially airport cable can cause issue.

Fizzl92

Ok, thank you. I tryed both slots and nothing else plugged in. No success. Any idea why it starts with one drive from another Macbook?