[SOLVED]820-00165-a

was changing u6100 but ripped pad 2 so i ran a line to probe point 850. now logic board give me green light/ orange light and fan turns on but does not boot. any ideas? does not boot with new chip or old chip.

aprendiz

Why did you replace U6100??? Do you have the original chip????? Check the soldering job, do a continuity test and inspect for missing resistors...

had a disgruntled fired employee who returned the store laptop he was using and refused to give us the firmware password. The original chip is bad on, still same issue.

aprendiz

Can you read the original chip??? if yes, upload the dump to 4shared or something like that, I can help you with that...

But first you need to be sure there is no missing components and the traces are ok....

So i just took off the chip and checked all the traces. they are all okay. No missing components either. I don't have a reader. what should i buy to get the dump?

dukefawks

Administrator
You MUST read the original chip! No other way or you will have ME region issues. Get a programmer and post the dump here.

so i programmed the chip, put it back and ran the jump. i get green/orange light and fan turns on but no chime. i checked the paths of pins 1-8 and they all work. any ideas?

Attachments

• arjay board.jpg
    arjay board.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 0
Okay I'm terribly sorry and I feel like a noob and a dumbass. Somehow I mixed up the IC's (which was why it wasn't turning on). So I read the correct chip and posted to dropbox. If you would be kind enough to fix this one for me that would be awesome. Also, is password in a specific location that you could share with me so I won't have to bug you in the future if i come across this? Thanks a bunch!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7n3yc206q1shnr/correct one.BIN?dl=0