thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

[SOLVED] 820-4924 keyboard not working except for power button

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] 820-4924 keyboard not working except for power button

I have this machine that doesn't appear to have liquid damage but one indicator stick next to the lcd connector was slightly red and peeled off. Besides that I don't see any liquid damage or corrosion anywhere. All the probe points are gold and look normal.
    I am able to power the machine on and shut it down with the keyboard but I am not able to type anything with the keyboard. I plugged in another new keyboard I have and still the same issue. The caps lock button doesn't work nor does holding the option key on startup.

I checked for continuity on the keyboard connector pins to the probe points above it and they all had continuity.
    The other side of the keyboard connector is spotless and I checked continuity from the probe points(Pins 1-3) on that side to the ones on the kbd connector side and they had continuity.
    Here are some voltages of the connector with just my new keyboard plugged in.
    1/2/3-0v
    4/5 - 3.4v
    pin 6 around 1v
    Pin 13 - 0.77
    Pin 14 - 2.3v
    Pin 30 - 3.33v
    Last edited by larossmann; 05-25-2017, 12:14 AM.

Bad trackpad cable.

Comment

Thanks duke. The trackpad cable was actually fine. The trackpad board had some liquid damage on it so I replaced the trackpad and now everything is working.
      Solved.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X